CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Marissa makes dinner

Marissa made dinner all by herself. She picked the recipe and helped
me shop for the ingredients and made it all. It is a great
day when they grow up and decide to start helping.
Those days are actually getting closer
and closer together. I love it.
The goals were for Activity Days (kind of like scouting but for
girls 8-12 years of age) for church.
The girls have different areas to make goals in and work
hard to pass them off. Like earning a merrit badge.

I came in to check how things were going. Mariss had found my
stash of Latex gloves. She had put them on because she doesn't
like the feeling of chicken when she was cutting it up.
That total cracks me up. I had another pic here too, a close
up of her hands but somehow I erased it. She is hilarious.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patricia Peterson said...

I agree, I love that my kids are old enough to help and to learn and be so responsible!! The gloves crack me up - she is such a sweet young woman. Problem solving at it's best!!

Maggie said...

Awesome job Marissa! I love seeing my kids do things like this. I love how it makes them feel about themselves to be old enough to do things on their own.....I guess there are great things about all of the stages. Cute picture too.